Paleo-friendly stuffing? Can it be true?!
Try this life altering stuffing recipe made with Simple Mills Focaccia bread mix.
- 2 baked loaves of focaccia bread (made from 1 package of Simple Mills Focaccia & Sandwich bread mix)
- Salt to taste
- Spices *we used Herbs de Provence, but feel free to use whatever you like!
- 3 cups of carrots, celery, and onions cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Broth (use any kind you wish - chicken, vegetable, or even bone broth will work!)
- Bake the focaccia bread the night before according to the directions provided on the back of Simple Mills Focaccia & Sandwich Bread mix bag.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a loaf of focaccia bread into cubes; toast the cubes in the preheated oven to draw out all of the moisture.
- While the bread cubes are toasting in the oven, heat a saucepan or a cast-iron pan over medium heat and start sautéing carrots, celery, onion with salt and spices until the vegetables have developed some color and are tender.
- Take the toasted cubes out of the oven and transfer them into a baking pan.
- Pour the sautéed veggies in the pan as well along with broth. *Use a ratio of 2 parts focaccia and 1 part broth - we had 3 cups of focaccia, so we added 1 1/2 c of broth.
- Toss all the ingredients well and bake for 40 minutes until the stuffing looks brown and toasty on top.
This stuffing smells so good, Gunny the dog, patiently sat in the kitchen, hoping for a taste.