If you're anything like me, snacks and happiness level go hand-in-hand. Where would we be without a handful of pumpkin seeds here, some jicama slices and guacamole there? Or maybe a Simple Mills muffin as a bedtime snack? However, the snack trap can occasionally get a little bit uninspired, and that's where the trouble starts!
Luckily, I have discovered a delicious, simple, clean snack that’s great for an afternoon treat or backyard get together. Thanks to our friends at the blog Autoimmune Paleo for the yummy inspiration! You can find their version here: http://autoimmune-paleo.com/lemon-raspberry-gelatin-gummies/.
Here’s what you’ll need and how to make it:
3/4 lemon juice
1 cup frozen blueberries
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup grass fed gelatin
- Mix the lemon juice and blueberries in a food processor or blender until smooth
- On low heat combine blueberry/lemon mixture with honey and gelatin
- Whisk for 5-10 minutes until gelatin and honey dissolve
- Pour into molds, I used mini muffin tin but she also suggest silicone molds.
- Cool in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
YUM! Makes 24.