Nothing shouts “SUMMER!” quite like strawberry shortcake. If you’ve ever denied yourself a slice of this American favorite because of additives or other unhealthy ingredients…those days are over! We’ve created a recipe that will undoubtedly make its way to many picnics and BBQs.
Can you think of a better summer treat than a sweet, fruit-filled cake?! With our new Vanilla Cake Mix, we don’t think strawberry shortcake—or dessert for that matter—will ever be the same. Welcome the warm weather with this refreshing and delicious treat. We’re confident that it will bring smiles and requests for more.
Grain-Free Strawberry Shortcake
1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
1/3 cup oil (grapeseed or vegetable)
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups whipped topping
2 cups fresh strawberries
1) Bake vanilla cupcakes using the Simple Mills Vanilla Cake mix and a mini-muffin pan
- Don't have a mini-muffin pan? Click here to check out our favorite one!
2) Get creative—here are a couple ideas:
- Create strawberry shortcake mini skewers by layering the mini vanilla cupcakes, whipped topping, and sliced strawberries.
- Cut the cupcakes in half horizontally and make a cupcake sandwich by layering the whipped topping and sliced strawberries in the middle
- Chop the strawberries into tiny pieces and mix into the whipped topping to create a whipped strawberry filling.