This week, we'd like to take a moment to highlight this incredible breakfast bake that was developed by the Lifeway Kefir team. Since our products go almost too perfectly together, Lifeway and Simple Mills have decided to form a sort of partnership, and we've got a few more yummy recipes where this one came from. Just you wait!
This first recipe is made using our Pancake & Waffle mix. If you can't find it in your local grocery store, you can purchase through our online store, or from Amazon by clicking here. Along side some Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir and Farmer Cheese, some summer veggies, and a few other simple ingredients, this breakfast bake is a healthy indulgence for your morning, weekend or week day!
Probiotic Summer Vegetable Breakfast Bake
- 1 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 1 cup Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare an 8-9″ square baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or grease. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add diced onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add red pepper and broccoli and continue to cook until veggies are tender. When veggies are almost done, add the spinach and cook for one minute, or until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- To prepare the crust, crack two eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk with kefir. Slowly add the our Pancake & Waffle mix, stirring until combined. Transfer crust mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk the two remaining eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add Farmer Cheese and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the vegetables and add the cheddar cheese. Mix well, then pour over the crust mixture, spreading it our evenly.
- Place in the oven uncovered and cook for 50-60 minutes, or until a the eggs and crust are set and the top is golden brown. Removed from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can find the original article here.