Summer may be coming to a close, but that doesn't mean we're ready to say goodbye. We're savoring these sweet summer fruits in this amazing crisp made with our vanilla cake mix by one of our favorite team members, Jenna! Take this indulgent (read: guilt-free!) dessert to your next weekend BBQ, make with the kids after school, or keep it all to yourself. We won't tell a soul.
Photo courtesy of Lick the Bowl Good
- 1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (or ½ cup grapeseed oil)
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen sweet cherries
- 8 oz. can or 1 cup crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1 tbsp. GF vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump cherries and pineapple into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Combine cake mix, butter (or oil) and vanilla, and stir until crumbly.
- Spoon cake mixture over fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. S
- erve with whipped coconut milk or heavy cream, or your favorite ice cream.
So simple, yet so delicious!