Bling Cake Pops
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Yield: 12-14 cupcakes
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup champagne
1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cupcake and Cake Mix
1/2 cup Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting
1 1/2 cup high quality white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 8" round cake pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and champagne. Slowly mix in baking mix.
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack, removing from the pan and letting cool completely.
- Transfer to a large bowl and crumble the cake with your hands. Mix in 1/2 cup of softened vanilla frosting until combined. Transfer to a food processor and process until the cake is crumbled into even crumbs and without large chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out batter and roll the dough into balls. Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls. Transfer in fridge for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons of the white chocolate.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white and insert into the cake balls about halfway. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake balls from the fridge. Over a double boiler, melt the rest of the white chocolate.
- Dip each cake ball carefully into the white chocolate. Take out and using a spatula, loosely spread the white chocolate so it covers each ball.
- Place each cake pop onto the prepared parchment-lined dish. While the frosting is not totally set, sprinkle each cake pop with gold sprinkles.