1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 10 cups of a cupcake pan with cupcake papers and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs briefly, then stir in the oil and vanilla, then the champagne. Mix just until combined after each addition. Do not overmix.
3. Next, add the coconut sugar and cake mix and stir vigorously until combined.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to portion the cupcakes into the compartments of the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before frosting and/or serving (with a few flutes of Champagne to have your own Simple Celebration, of course!)
1. If you’re using coconut oil, ensure it is melted and slightly cooled before stirring in to the egg mixture (hot coconut oil will cook the eggs!).
2. The easiest way to make frosting for these is to whip coconut cream with organic powdered sugar or finely granulated stevia and a dash of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Recipe and images courtesy of Nora Schlesinger, author of A Clean Bake.