Chicken 'n' Waffles
1. Preheat oven to 415° and waffle iron to medium/medium-high heat.
2. Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3. Remove 2 Tbsp of the whisked eggs and put into a small, oblong but shallow dish.
4. On a small plate, mix only 3 Tbsp of the pancake and waffle mix with sea salt, cayenne and black pepper to taste.
5. Dip chicken tenders first in the small dish of eggs, and then dredge them in the dry mixture.
6. Place on an oiled or nonstick sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, into the large mixing bowl of whisked eggs, combine remaining pancake and waffle mix, oil, kefir and water (1/2 cup total liquid – sub in dairy or nut milk for kefir and water).
8. Measure out just under 3/4 cup of the batter and pour onto the waffle iron.
9. Cook 4 - 4 1/2 minutes.
10. Repeat three times with remaining waffle batter.
Serving Suggestion: Simply top each waffle with two chicken tenders, Irish butter and a generous drizzle of pure maple syrup. Or, opt for a savory twist on this tasty duo and smother the chicken ‘n waffles with homemade gravy instead.
*No waffle iron? No worries! Just make pancakes and top ‘em with the tenders instead – same satisfying flavor, just a different shape!