Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a nonstick pad and set aside
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla and baking mix.
4. Add the oil and stir vigorously until completely combined and all clumps are gone
5. Scoop scant 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Try to make 8 cookies, but if you can only get 7, that’s fine (you’ll just have to eat one s’more open-faced!)
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are firm to the touch and crispy around the edges. Allow them to cool and firm up on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
7. When the cookies are cool and feel “sturdy” to the touch, heat the marshmallows in a lightly greased pan, on the grill, or in the microwave until softened
8. Cover a large dinner plate of small cookie sheet with a piece of parchment or wax paper. Turn four of your eight cooled cookies upside down and place one large marshmallow or three small marshmallows on each of the upside down cookies, so that the marshmallow is laying on the flat side of the cookie. Sandwich another cookie on top (flat side toward the marshmallow, obviously) and put aside on the prepared plate or cookie sheet
9. Repeat with the remaining cookies to make a total of 4 cookie sandwiches
10. Place the plate in the refrigerator to chill the cookies while you slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments (stirring in between each). When the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows have chilled and solidified, dip each cookie sandwich into the chocolate, swirl it around a little bit to ensure a good coating of chocolate, and gently shake to remove the excess chocolate and then place back on the plate or cookie sheet
11. Repeat with the remaining cookies, then place the plate or cookie sheet in the fridge to chill until the chocolate is hardened. Serve immediately
1. These cookie sandwiches are ample, to say the least. If you’d like smaller portions, simply use 1 Tablespoon portions of dough, reduce the baking time to 8-10 minutes and use 1-2 mini marshmallows per sandwich
2. If you’d like to try making your own marshmallows try this recipe. If you’d like a naturally-sweetened version, try this recipe (but skip the marshmallow root and probiotics!) or google “Naturally sweetened homemade marshmallows” – there are tons of recipes out there!
You can find more amazing recipes by Nora on her blog, A Clean Bake.