Hey you Party Animal - our fourth cookie of 12 Days of Cookies was created by our friend, Nora Schlesinger. You can find this recipe and more like this at her blog, A Clean Bake.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then mix in the almond milk and water
2. Whisk in the cake mix
3. Preheat a 3” pizzelle maker (it looks like a very shallow waffle iron). Lightly grease the grills, if necessary – if it’s not nonstick – before dropping heaping teaspoons of batter into each compartment. Close the cover of the machine and bake for approximately 3 minutes until the grill opens easily (the pizzelles won’t stick)
4. Remove the pizzelles from the machine and transfer to a wire cooling rack for a few minutes, until cool and crisp
5. Repeat with the remainder of the batter
6. Once the pizzelles are all cooked and cooled, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl in the microwave (cook in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth). Please the sprinkles in a shallow plate or bowl
7. Swipe each pizzelle firmly through the melted chocolate, and gently shake to remove the excess chocolate. Immediately place the chocolate-dunked side into the sprinkles and return the pizzelle to the cooling rack (or a cookie sheet lined with a nonstick pad or wax paper). Repeat with some more or the rest of the pizzelles
1. You can make these ahead of time, but don’t chocolate-coat them until the same day that you’re going to serve them
2. Store un-chocolate-coated pizzelles in a zip top bag with a 1” opening (i.e. don’t fully seal the bag) at rom temperature for up to 3 days
3. If you don’t have the patience to dunk each individual pizzelle, lay them out in a single layer and drizzle the chocolate over them
Need some holiday gift inspiration for the Life of the Party in your life?
Head over to our Pinterest page!