Christmas Tree Brownies
1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin and Cake Mix
1 tbsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp grass-fed butter
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 container Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting
2 tbsp ceremonial grade matcha tea powder
1/4 cup naturally dyed sprinkles
1 box of mini candy canes
1. Heat oven to 375º for denser brownies. Melt butter and allow to cool until lukewarm.
2. Whisk eggs, melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Add sugar and chocolate muffin mix; whisk until well blended.
3. Spread mix evenly into a large greased brownie pan.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, cool in pan for at least 15-20 minutes before cutting into small triangles (think Christmas tree shaped).
5. Remove from pan gently with a spatula and place onto a separate plate.
6. Next, combine matcha powder into vanilla frosting and mix thoroughly until all powder is blended and the frosting has a light green hue.
7. Spoon the frosting into a small ziploc bag and cut off the tip. Gently squeeze the frosting through the hole in the bag and make designs on the each tree-shaped brownie.
8. Top with frosting with broken candy canes and gently place one small candy cane into the bottom of each brownie tree for a Christmas tree stump.
9. Serve and enjoy!