Curry Cauliflower Gratin
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 box Simple Mills Original Sprouted Seed Crackers
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
3/4 cup water
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
4 tsp. arrowroot powder
1.5 tsp. organic sweet curry powder
1.5 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. white pepper (optional)
Chopped Cilantro (optional, for garnishing)
- Place crackers in a plastic sandwich bag, close to secure, and crush them well with the bottom of a heavy glass or can. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place florets and water in a 9 x 7 glass baking dish with a lid, and microwave on the normal setting for 8 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork–tender.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix all remaining ingredients, except crackers and cilantro, in a small cup or bowl until blended.
- After cooking, remove cauliflower from the microwave and drain (Simple tip: Hold lid over dish with a potholder and drain into the sink).
- Slightly mash cauliflower with a potato masher or a fork, leaving some larger pieces (do not puree – cauliflower need to still be slightly chunky).
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the cauliflower and stir until combined. Sprinkle crackers over mixture and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro to add a bit of color before serving this lovely comforting and healing dish.