Festively Fall Truffles
Makes 24 Truffles*
1/4 cup Vital Proteins collagen peptides
1/3 – 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (shaken, chilled and stirred prior to measuring)
1. Whisk together baking mix and collagen.
2. Add coconut milk and stir until combined to form a soft dough.
3. If your dough is too dry, try adding an additional tbsp. of coconut milk at a time until you achieve a firm cookie dough-like texture.
4. Drop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat using a 1 ¼” ice cream scoop.
5. Freeze 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare your choice of coating for the truffles:
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Truffles:
(2) 3.5 oz. organic white chocolate candy bars or 3/4 - 1 cup white chocolate chips (preferably refined sugar and soy-free)
1 tsp. cinnamon
Melt white chocolate on stove top in double-boiler (or in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 1 minute) until melted. Stir in cinnamon and using a toothpick to hold them, dip chilled truffles in white chocolate to coat. Return to the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator at least one hour. Serve chilled.
Nut-so-Scary Pumpkin Truffles:
1/2 heaping cup of walnuts, pecans or pistachios, very finely chopped (or crushed in a coffee grinder)
Roll truffles in crushed walnuts, return to baking sheet, refrigerate at least one hour and serve chilled.
Cranberry Harvest Truffles:
1/2 heaping cup of dried cranberries, very finely chopped
Roll truffles in cranberries, return to baking sheet, refrigerate at least one hour and serve chilled.
Pumpkin Cacao Truffles:
1/2 cup cacao nibs, crushed; OR 1/3 cup high-quality fair trade cocoa powder
Roll truffles in cacao nibs or cocoa powder, return to baking sheet, refrigerate at least one hour and serve chilled.
Pumpkin Hempseed & Spice Truffles:
1/2 heaping cup raw hemp seeds (i.e. hemp hearts)
Roll truffles in hemp seeds, return to baking sheet, refrigerate at least one hour and serve chilled.
These festively fall truffles will keep well refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days, but trust us, they won't last nearly that long!