Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 cake or 12 slices
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin and Cake Mix
1 tub Simple Mills Chocolate Frosting, at room temperature
1 tub Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 8" round cake pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, water, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Slowly mix in baking mix.
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack, removing from the pan and letting cool completely.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice out a 1 inch strip from the middle of the cake.
- Place the remaining two pieces of the cake together to form a football shape.
- Ice the cake with chocolate frosting (warming it up to make it more spreadable) and refrigerate for 30 minutes until the frosting is completely set.
- To add texture to the cake, gently press a piece of paper towel over the surface.
- Using a piping bag or ziploc bag with corner cut off, pipe vanilla frosting to add the laces and stripes.