Freezer-Friendly Coconut Oil Pancakes (Three Ways)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 large or 20 small pancakes
For the Pancakes:
5 large eggs
1/3 cup water or milk of choice
3 Tbsp. Garden of Life coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1 box Simple Mills pancake and waffle mix
Additional oil (or butter) for the pan
Unsweetened flaked coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, fresh pineapple chunks
Nut or seed butter, chocolate chips, raw honey
Fresh berries, whipped cream, and cinnamon
Plus maple syrup, of course!
- Make pancakes according to instructions on the box.
- Remove from pan and set on a wire cooling rack.
- Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
- Cool the pancakes completely, then store them in an airtight container with a piece of wax or parchment paper between each pancake.
- Freeze until ready to eat.
- Thaw on the countertop, or microwave in a heatproof container.
- Finish with your topping(s) of choice and enjoy!
Note: Pancakes will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days, or in the freezer for up to a month.