3 large eggs
1/3 cup coconut or other unflavored oil
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
Glaze Ingredients (optional):
1 1/2 cups Organic powdered cane sugar
2 Tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans and set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together, then mix in the oil, milk and vanilla extract
4. Add the cake mix and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain
5. Fold in the sprinkles
6. Divide the batter between the compartments of the two standard (6-compartment) doughnut pans (see note for a shortcut). Each compartment should be a little more than ¾ full
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the doughnuts are risen, golden brown and firm to the touch
8. Transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack to cool completely
9. Once the doughnuts are completely cool, you can glaze them
10. Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk together until smooth
11. Turn the doughnuts upside down and dip firmly into the glaze
12. Shake off the excess and return them to the wire rack to allow the glaze to harden.
13. You can also garnish them with additional sprinkles immediately after glazing them, if desired
1. The easiest (and least messy) way to full the doughnut pan is with a DIY pastry bag: Transfer all of the batter into a large zip-top bag, snip off one corner of the bag, twist the excess plastic into a handle, and use the bag to carefully pipe batter in to each compartment of the doughnut pan.
2. If you object to using artificial colors in your food, you may either omit them from the recipe, or do a web search for “naturally dyed sprinkles” or “naturally dyed jimmies”, which will turn up many natural options.