Garlic Herb Knots
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Garlic Herb Butter
¼ cup olive oil
1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl add the egg, apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and whisk until combined. Add the artisan bread mix and Italian seasoning and mix until thoroughly combined and dough of ball is formed.
3. Divide the ball of dough in half and then split in to six pieces and roll the pieces of dough in to a ball.
4. Oil your hands and roll out the dough in to 5-6 inch long cords and try to make the middle part thicker and the ends thinner.
5. Grab both sides of the dough and cross them and then fold one piece under and the other over to create a knot. If any part of the knot starts to break just use your fingers to press the dough back together.
6. Place the knot on the baking sheet and repeat until all of the dough is knotted and then brush them all with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until knots are slightly browned.
8. While the knots are baking heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil and parsley and bring to a light simmer for about 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
9. Add about half the garlic butter mixture to a large bowl with the cheese and add the hot garlic knots and toss until they are thoroughly coated.
10. Serve immediately and brush with more garlic butter if desired.