Grain Free Applegate Breakfast Pizza (2 Ways)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 2 small breakfast pizzas
For the Crusts:
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough Almond Flour Mix
Toppings for the Bacon & Egg Pizza:
- Scant 1 cup cooked hash browns (from about ¾ lb shredded potatoes)
- 3-4 slices of crispy cooked Applegate Naturals Uncured No Sugar Bacon
- 2/3 cup shredded grass-fed cheddar cheese
- 2-3 large eggs
Toppings for the Mozzarella, Spinach & Prosciutto Pizza:
- ¾ cup shredded grass-fed mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 large pieces of Applegate Naturals prosciutto, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 large eggs
- 2 generous handfuls of fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the pizza crust dough according to the instructions on the package. Divide the dough into two portions and shape each into a rectangle or a circle on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Pre-bake crusts (without toppings) for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven (but leave the crusts on the pan) to top. Leave the oven heated to 350°F.
- Top the bacon & egg pizza: on the pre-baked crust, distribute the hash browns in an even layer. Sprinkle the bacon evenly across the top. Cover the hash browns and bacon with cheese.
- Top the mozzarella, spinach, and prosciutto pizza: cover the pre-baked crust, with the cheese, and then distribute the pieces of prosciutto over the cheese.
- Bake both pies for about 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from the oven (keep the oven heated to 350°F) and quickly crack the eggs on top of the pizzas.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until egg is cooked. Optionally, you can cook for 7-10 minutes, then another 4-6 minutes under the broiler to crisp the crust and brown the cheese. This also produces a runnier egg. Just make sure to watch carefully so the pizzas don’t burn!
- Remove pizzas from the oven, transfer to a cutting board to slice, and enjoy!