Harvest Spiral Veggie Tart
1 recipe of Simple Mills Pizza Dough Mix
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (or 1.5 baked, peeled and mashed sweet potatoes)
2 large carrots (for these three veggies, try to find close to the same diameter so the slices are the same size)
1 large zucchini
1 large squash
1 small bunch of swiss chard or other quick-cooking green
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 tsp. each of dried thyme and sage
1/4 tsp. each sea salts and fresh ground pepper
1. Prepared the pizza crust per directions on box, pressed into a 9.5 or 10” pie or tart pan/tin.
2. Use the tines of a fork to press the edges. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Then, Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix pumpkin or sweet potatoes with thyme, sage, sea salt and pepper. Spread mixture on bottom of crust.
4. Use a mandolin slicer (or vegetable peeler) to slice the carrots, squash and zucchini into thin strips about 1/8’ thick.
5. To fill the pie, roll strips of carrots together and press down into the center of the tart.
6. Layer strips of squash, zucchini and the remaining carrots around the center, until the crust is entirely filled.
7. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour (tenting with foil after 20 minutes to prevent burning) or until veggies are tender. Serve warm.