Holiday Pecan Pie
For the Crust:
1/2 cup melted ghee, coconut or grapeseed oil
1 TBSP ice water
1 Box Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle mix
For the Filling:
2 cups pecan halves and/or pieces
1 cup pure maple syrup
½ cup coconut sugar
3 cage-free eggs
2 TBSP butter
1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
½ tsp. sea salt
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9.5” or 10” pie pan, mix baking mix, melted ghee/oil and ice water.
- Press firmly into pan and press the tines of a fork gently around the edges.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Make the filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly toast pecans in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Set pecans aside on a plate.
- Heat maple syrup and butter in the saucepan until just before boiling. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and then whisk in coconut sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually and very carefully whisk warm syrup into eggs. Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake approx. 30 minutes at 375 degrees (watch closely, cover with foil halfway through cooking if crust starts to brown before the center of the pie is set; it should not still be liquid but slightly under firm).
- Cool and enjoy!