Irish Soda Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Line an oven safe 6” pan or baking dish with parchment paper and set aside
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and lemon juice and set aside for a few minutes to curdle slightly
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (bread mix, sweetener, flour and raisins)
5. Add the remaining wet ingredients (eggs and oil) to the almond milk and whisk to combine
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. The dough will be slightly sticky, so let it sit for 2-3 minutes, which will allow the coconut flour to absorb any excess moisture in the dough
7. Gather the dough into a ball and transfer to the prepared pan or baking dish. Use a very sharp knife to score a shallow “x” into the top of the loaf.
8. Put the bread into the oven, and immediately turn the heat down to 350°F
9. Bake for 45 minutes, until a tester comes out clean, then – optionally – broil 2 minutes until the top is golden brown
- This recipe was tested with both granulated monk fruit sweetener and coconut sugar.
- For the milk ingredient, this recipe was tested with unsweetened almond milk, but soy, rice, and cow’s milk should also work.