Mini Cherry Cheesecake Bites
1/2 cup melted ghee, coconut or grape seed oil
1 8 oz. package organic cream cheese, softened
1 egg, separated, at room temperature
¼ cup milk (or non-dairy alternative)
2 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
1/8 cup raw honey
2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
Dash of sea salt
1 bag frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
1. In a bowl, mix melted ghee/oil and baking mix until a soft dough is formed
2. Using a 1 tsp. ice cream scoop, drop by spoonfuls into a mini muffin pan lined paper cups and press dough down and up the sides of the cups
3. Bake 10-12 min at 350 degrees
4. Remove from oven and use the back of the scoop to press dough back down (it will have risen in the middle)
1. Put egg yolks and milk in a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk lightly, and sprinkle with gelatin.
2. Whisk mixture while warming until gelatin is dissolved.
3. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, honey and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
4. Slowly pour warm egg and milk mixture into cream cheese and beat until smooth. Refrigerate.
5. Beat egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff, fold into cream cheese mixture and spoon into individual crusts.
6. Chill at least one hour.
7. Top each bite with a cherry before serving.
*Alternatively, this recipe can be made in a 9-10 inch pie pan by adjusting baking time for crust to 15 minutes and chilling for at least 3 hours before serving.