Mini Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
Ingredients:2 large eggs
2 Tablespoons coconut or grape seed oil (see note)
¾ cup water
1 box Simple Mills pumpkin muffin mix
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray or lightly grease two mini muffin pans and set aside.
2. Mix together wet ingredients.
3. Slowly mix in pumpkin mix.
4. Pour batter into muffin tins
5. Bake for 10 minutes, until the tops are domed and firm to the touch, and a tester comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
6. While the muffins are cooling in the pan, whisk together the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. As soon as the muffins are cool enough to handle, place each one in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, firmly rolling it around so that the cinnamon-sugar sticks. Gently toss it around a couple of times until the whole thing is covered. Once covered, place each muffin back on to the wire rack to finish cooling.
1. If using coconut oil, make sure that it is melted, and cooled enough to hold your fingertip submerged in it. This is a good litmus test for a temperature that won’t cook the eggs!
2. If you’re having trouble getting the cinnamon-sugar to stick, you can very lightly brush or spray the muffins with melted oil or butter before you dunk them in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat this process.