Mini Pumpkin Gingerbread Bundt Cakes with Cranberries and Brown Butter-Chai Glaze
Makes 12 mini bundt cakes*
For the cakes:
1 box Pumpkin Muffin Mix
1 cup water
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons molasses
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the glaze:
3 tablespoons unsalted ghee (recommended 4th & Heart brand)
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (recommended New Barn brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix with eggs, water, coconut oil, molasses, vanilla, ginger, and orange zest. Using a mixer, beat on low until thoroughly combined. Add cranberries and mix in gently with a spoon.
3. Pour cake batter into silicone mini bundt pans (we recommend Freshware) fitted on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cakes are fully set.
4. Allow the cakes to cool. Meanwhile, add ghee to a small skillet over medium heat. Melt and then cook until just browned, about 10 minutes.
5. Combine brown ghee with powdered sugar, vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk. Using a fork, stir to combine.
6. Carefully remove cooled cakes from the molds and set on a cooling rack over parchment paper. Drizzle the brown butter chai glaze over the cakes. Serve and enjoy!
You can find more amazing recipes by Kate on her blog, Root + Revel.