On-the-Go Mini Quiches
4 large eggs
1/2 cup cooked and drained spinach (you can use fresh or frozen and defrosted)
1/3 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp finely crumbled feta cheese
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Liberally spray or grease a 12-compartment cupcake pan and set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white, cooled butter, and water.
4. Add the Simple Mills mix and whisk until evenly combined
5. Divide the dough into 12 portions, about 2 Tbsp each
6. Roll each out into a tight ball, then flatten it into a disk
7. Place it at the base of one compartment of your prepared cupcake pan and use your fingertips to press it into the base and up the sides of each compartment, like a tiny pie crust
8. Repeat with the remaining dough until the entire cupcake pan is filled
9. Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool while you make the filling
10. Whisk eggs, and then stir in the spinach, feta, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper
11. Once the pre-baked crusts have cooled, fill each one with the egg mixture until just the top of the crusts is visible. Do not fill past the top of the crust or else the egg mixture will spill over and make it very difficult to remove each mini quiche from the pan
12. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until egg filling has risen and the edges of the crust turn slightly golden
13. Cool in the pan until you can safely touch the quiches
14. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving
1. If you’d like to make this dairy free, replace the feta cheese with two additional beaten eggs and a generous pinch of salt
2. If you have trouble getting the little quiches out of the pan, try running a knife around the edges to loosen them. Then, they should pop right out.
You can find more amazing recipes by Nora on her blog, A Clean Bake.