Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
We've got a secret for you: these cupcakes are the real treat this Halloween (no tricks here). There aren't many things that are better than our chocolate muffin mix - but when you add a white chocolate peanut butter cup in the middle and pop some adorable marshmallow ghosts on top - that's what we're talking about! Make these cupcakes with the kids the night before trick-or-treating, or for your no-kids-allowed Halloween Party. We're keeping it Nut-so-Scary this Halloween!
2 large eggs
½ cup water
3 Tbsp oil
1 box Simple Mills chocolate muffin and cake mix
10 Justin’s white chocolate peanut butter cups (optional)
Your favorite frosting
10 large homemade or store bought vanilla marshmallows
6 squares dark chocolate
*note: while they do add a fun Halloween spin, the white PB cups are not necessary for this recipe to be delicious!
1. Preheat the oven to 350F & prepare muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, make Simple Mills chocolate muffins according to box.
3. Add 2 Tbsp batter to 10 lined muffin tin compartments.
4. Place a Justin’s peanut butter cup on top of the batter, then cover it with 1 ½ Tbsp additional batter.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.
6. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Melt chocolate and using a toothpick, draw ghost’s eyes and mouth onto marshmallows.
8. Assemble cupcakes: Apply desired amount of frosting to the tops of each cupcake, top each cupcakes with marshmallow ghost.
9. Enjoy this Nut-So-Scary treat!