Piña Colada Cupcakes
Yields: 8 mason jar cupcakes
Print recipe page
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
3 large eggs
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted and slightly cooled)
1/3 cup pineapple juice
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 box simple mills yellow cake mix
Ingredients for the frosting:
1 can Simple Mills vanilla frosting
Zest of 2 limes
Thinly sliced lime wedges (for garnish)
Coconut flakes (for garnish)
Pineapple slices (for garnish)
Festive straws, cut into quarters (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Beat the eggs, then stir in the oil, and pineapple juice.
- Stir in the coconut and cake mix.
- Divide the batter between the 12 prepared cupcake papers.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting by stirring the zest into the frosting. Put the frosting into a piping bag, or a zip top bag with a corner cut off (which makes a great makeshift piping bag!).
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, remove each from the cupcake wrapper (discard wrapper) and cut them in half width-wise.
- Place a cupcake half at the bottom of a mason jar. Pipe a bit of frosting on top, then add another cupcake half. Repeat with more frosting, a third cupcake half, and one last dollop of frosting. Garnish with lime, coconut, pineapple and a straw and serve!
Note: Use a can of sliced pineapple in its juice for this recipe. You can use the juice for the cupcakes and the slices for garnish!