Piña Colada Cupcakes in a Jar
Prep time: 20 minutes - Cook time: 25 minutes - Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Yield: 8, 8oz mason jar cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
For the frosting:
- 1 tub Simple Mills Organic Vanilla Frosting
- Zest of 2 limes
- Thinly sliced lime wedges (for garnish)
- Coconut flakes (for garnish)
- Pineapple slices (for garnish)
- Festive straws, cut into quarters (for garnish)
PREHEAT the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
BEAT the eggs, then stir in the oil, and pineapple juice.
STIR in the coconut and cake mix.
DIVIDE the batter between the 12 prepared cupcake papers.
BAKE for 18-22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
COOL the cupcakes completely.
MAKE the frosting by stirring the zest into the frosting while the cupcakes are cooling. Put the frosting into a piping bag, or a zip loc bag with a corner cut off (which makes a great makeshift piping bag!)
REMOVE each cupcake from its wrapper (discard wrapper) when completely cool and cut them in half width-wise.
PLACE a cupcake half at the bottom of a mason jar.
PIPE a bit of frosting on top, then add another cupcake half.
REPEAT with more frosting, a third cupcake half, and one last dollop of frosting.
GARNISH with lime, coconut, pineapple and a straw and serve!
Note: Use a can of sliced pineapple in its juice for this recipe. You can use the juice for the cupcakes and the slices for garnish!