Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Recipe makes 4 large waffles*
1 1/4 cup Simple Mills Pumpkin Muffin Mix
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/2 tsp. cream tartar
6 tbsp water
3 tbsp oil (grapeseed or olive oil work best – extra needed for oiling the waffle iron)
1. Heat 7-inch round nonstick waffle iron.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Whisk wet ingredients together until frothy and stir into dry ingredients until well blended. Lightly oil the waffle iron.
4. For standard waffle iron, use one full ½ cup measuring cup per waffle to scoop batter and pour onto the waffle iron, scraping the measuring cup to use all of the batter. (Amount will vary depending on size of waffle maker.)
5. Cook 4 minutes and remove waffle.
6. Repeat 3 times with remaining batter.
Tip: For a sweet treat, we love to garnish these waffles our NEW Organic Vanilla Frosting, chopped pecans, dried cranberries and a light dusting of cinnamon.
If you’re a waffle purist, top them with a generous helping of organic butter and pure maple syrup.*