Savory Chaga Mushroom Waffles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Approximately 20 minutes (depends on your waffle maker)
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 waffles
3 large eggs
¼ cup water
2 Tablespoons olive oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 box Simple Mills Artisan Bread Almond Flour Mix
1 Tablespoon Chaga mushroom powder
Nonstick spray or additional oil for the waffle iron
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Stir in the water and oil.
- Stir in the Simple Mills Artisan Bread Almond Flour Mix and Chaga mushroom powder.
- Lightly grease your preheated waffle iron.
- Add ¼ cup of batter to the iron, close, and cook.
- When the waffle is done, remove it from the iron and place it on a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Garnish waffles with tahini, shredded carrots (or other vegetables), and sliced green onions.
Note: The chaga mushroom powder will make the waffles darker in color and it may be hard to determine when they’re cooked. You’ll notice a light golden color around the edges, which is how you’ll they are done cooking.