Savory Chicken Pesto Bread Casserole
½ cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup shredded chicken
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup coconut or almond milk
½ cup basil pesto
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8-baking dish.
2. Whisk the eggs, water, olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl and then add the
dry mix; whisk until well combined.
3. Add to the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes
out clean. Let bread cool and then cut into one-inch cubes.
4. Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and drizzle with olive oil; toast bread cubes for 10-15 minutes.
5. In a large bowl add the bread cubes, shredded chicken, bell peppers, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss quickly.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk additional eggs, milk, basil pesto and salt together and then add it to the bread mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined and all the bread is soaked.
7. Add the bread casserole to 4, 9oz ramekins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve immediately.
Tip: Make the bread ahead of time so you can quickly cut the bread in to cubes and
toast before assembling.
Yield: 4 9oz Ramekins