Simple Sugar Cookies
Print this Recipe
Yields: 24 cookies
1/4 cup butter, room temp
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened/room temp
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
¼ tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 box Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream all ingredients but mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute in a stand mixer. Add pancake/waffle mix and combine until the dough comes together well, scraping sides during mixing.
- Turn dough onto parchment paper, shaping it into a 9-inch log. Roll dough in parchment paper and refrigerate at least 1 hour. (Alternatively, for shaped cookies, roll dough into a 1/4' disk between two pieces of parchment paper, refrigerate for at least 1 hour and cut into shapes prior to baking).
- Remove dough from refrigerator, unwrap and cut with a sharp non-serrated knife into ¼ inch rounds.
- Space cookies apart on a nonstick baking sheet or one lined with a silicone mat (they will spread!), and bake 18 minutes (20 minutes if you prefer a really crunchy cookie).
- Remove cookies and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with a bit of coconut or maple sugar prior to baking for that old-fashioned sugar cookie taste.
- Top or sandwich cookie with nut butter after baking and cooling
- Dip baked cookies halfway in melted chocolate and coat with chopped nuts.
- For a celebratory twist, add natural sprinkles and spread with Simple Mills Organic Vanilla Frosting.