Simple Sweet Potato Pie
For the Crust:
1/2 cup melted ghee or oil
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
1 box Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
For the filling:
3 small to medium sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
3 cage-free eggs
2.5 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a 9.5” or 10” pie plate until they come together to form a ball.
- Press by hand across the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Press around top edge of crust with the tines of a fork.
- Bake crust for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside
- Make the filling: Chop baked sweet potatoes into small cubes. Puree with hand blender or food processor. Spoon into large bowl.
- Pour coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs & pumpkin pie spice into the sweet potato mash. Mix until well blended.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes, then refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped heavy or coconut cream and cinnamon.