Southern Bourbon Balls
Photo Credit: Murielle Banackissa
Prep time (excluding cooling time): 25 minutes
Cooking time: -
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 20 balls
1 box Simple Mills Toasted Pecan Crunchy Cookies
1 box Simple Mills Cinnamon Crunchy cookies
2 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup toasted pecans + more chopped pecans for topping
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Simple Mills Chocolate Frosting, melted
¾ cup of chopped dark chocolate
- In a food processor, process cookies, cacao powder, cinnamon and pecans until a fine meal is formed.
- Add bourbon and melted frosting and process until you can form a ball using your hands. If not sticky enough, melt 1 additional tablespoon of chocolate frosting and blend again.
- Using your hands, form balls of about 1 tablespoon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking dish or large plate with parchment paper, set aside.
- Over a double boiler, melt dark chocolate. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Shake off the excess and arrange on prepared parchment-line dish. Garnish with chopped pecans.
- Transfer baking dish to the fridge to set.
Instead of dipping each ball into melted chocolate, you can also roll them in cacao powder.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange pecans on a baking dish and bake for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool for 10 minutes before using in the recipe.