Spring Speckled Cupcakes
1/3 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Natural blue food coloring (Color Garden brand or other)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water + 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Whisk the eggs, oil, water and vanilla in a large bowl and add the dry mix;
whisk until combined.
3. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. Add the frosting to a large bowl and add drops of blue dye until desired color is achieved.
5. Frost the cupcakes with a frosting spatula or piping bag.
6. Combine the cocoa powder and water in a small bowl; mix until combined.
7. Take a kitchen brush or small paint brush and dip it in the cocoa mixture. Flick the mixture on to the cupcakes to create specks.
8. Repeat until all cupcakes are decorated.
Tip: Cover the area around the cupcakes before adding specks so you don't get the mixture all over the kitchen!