Chocolate Maple Sunflower Squares
*Makes 6-8 medium bars
1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin Mix
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
1 organic egg
Pinch of pink sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sunflower seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 in. baking pan with parchment paper.
2. For the crust: place all ingredients for crust in a mixing bowl and blend until well combined. Press crust evenly into baking sheet.
3. Place baking sheet in oven for 20 min so crust can bake.
4. For the filling: place maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut milk, oil or butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring continuously. When butter(or oil) is melted, remove from heat and add vanilla and sunflower seeds.
5. Pour hot filling over crust and return to preheated oven. Bake 15 min. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
6. Before cutting into squares, place pan in the fridge for 1 hour so the filling can set.
7. After you cut them, place leftovers in a tupperware container to keep in the freezer. More delicious when frozen!