Simple Sugar Cookies
1. Either with a stand mixer or by hand, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract and then slowly add in Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle mix
2. Form the dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
3. Preheat the oven to 325°
4. Line a 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Sprinkle parchment paper with coconut flour
5. Lay out a piece of parchment paper, and sprinkle surface with coconut flour. Roll the dough out until it is 1/4 thick
6. Cut out the cookies using your choice of cutters. Work somewhat quickly so the dough stays cold. Using a spatula, transfer the cut cookies to the baking sheets
7. Gather the remaining scraps back up into a ball and roll out again. Repeat rolling and cutting out cookies until you use all the dough. If the dough gets too warm while you work with it you may need to chill it again
8. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool on a baking sheet for at least 10 minutes. Cool completely before frosting
DIY GLUTEN FREE / DAIRY FREE / PALEO-FRIENDLY DECORATIONS!
1. Soften coconut butter (but don't melt completely!) and spread on to desired thickness; or
2. Melt coconut butter to an almost-liquid state to create a glaze that you can drizzle
3. Whip the hardened part of 1-2 cans full-fat coconut milk with 1 tsp vanilla and honey or maple syrup to taste; mix in cacao powder to taste for chocolate frosting
4. Create fun colors with natural food dyes
1. Simply sprinkle coconut sugar atop your favorite frosting
2. Make your own powdered coconut sugar
3. Use your favorite chopped or slivered nuts, coconut flakes for an extra nutritional punch
4. Sprinkle your favorite sugar-free dried fruits or lemon / orange zest to add a twist
Need some holiday gift inspiration for your favorite DIY-er?
Head over to our Pinterest page!