Turmeric & Garlic Hummus
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium organic chickpeas, drained (reserve the liquid, measuring out 1/4 cup of it)
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP tahini, sunflower or almond butter
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Paprika, for garnishing
- Combine all ingredients, except for the remaining reserved chickpea liquid, in a mixing bowl.
- Purée with a stick or immersion blender until smooth, adding 1/8 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid at a time, if the hummus mixture is too dry.
- Alternatively, purée mixture in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth (again, adding additional liquid, if need be).
- Spoon hummus into a pretty serving bowl, making a shallow well with the back of your spoon in the center.
- Fill the well with a good-quality olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
Sliced cucumbers, carrots, sweet peppers and naturally-cured olives will also make for a lovely crudite platter with the hummus and cracker combination.