Spring Pea Dip + Ultimate Appetizer Platter
Any occasion becomes a party with this festive, colorful platter packed full of good-for-you appetizers that taste great too. The centerpiece of the platter is a bright, spring-y green pea dip that pairs perfectly with Simple Mills crackers!
Prep time: 10 min - Serves: 10-15
Spring Green Pea Dip
Packed ¼ cup fresh mint leaves (about 30 large leaves)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
PUREE the peas for several seconds until chunky in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “s” blade.
ADD the mint leaves and salt and pulse several times until combined and you don’t see any large pieces of pea or mint leaves.
POUR in the olive oil, and then the lemon juice slowly, with the machine still running. Puree until smooth.
STOP the machine and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is well combined.
PROCESS for another couple of seconds until the dip is completely smooth, then transfer it to a bowl for serving.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To assemble the platter, you’ll need:
- One batch of Spring Green Pea Dip (above)
- One sweet spread, homemade or store bought (examples: jam, chutney, fruit butter)
- One more savory spread, homemade or store bought, optional (examples: pesto, hummus; I used sun dried tomato pesto)
- Fresh fruit, such as grapes, apples and strawberries
- Dried fruit, such as apricots and figs
- Fresh raw and steamed spring veggies, such as carrots, radishes, tomatoes, and asparagus
- Something briny, like olives or gerkin pickles
- One or two hard cheeses, like cheddar and parmesan
- One soft cheese, like brie
- Nitrate-free cured meat, like pepperoni or soppressata, sliced
- And of course, Simple Mills Almond Flour crackers in all four varieties (fine ground sea salt, sundried tomato basil, farmhouse cheddar, and rosemary sea salt) or your favorite(s).