Upside Down Banana Cakes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 Cakes
1 cup water
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 box Simple Mills Banana Muffin and Bread Mix
2 ripe bananas, sliced
Whipping cream or coconut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add four tablespoons of coconut oil and coconut sugar. Spread at the bottom of each muffin cup. Arrange the banana slices over the mixture. Set aside while you prepare the batter.
- Whisk eggs, water, cinnamon and remaining two tablespoons of coconut oil in a large bowl. Add baking mix whisk until well blended.
- Evenly distribute the batter over all individual muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When ready, remove from the oven, let cool for 1 minute and unmold the muffins onto a cooling rack. Cool briefly and serve with whipping cream, chopped walnuts, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.