Blueberry Banana Granola Parfaits
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-7 cups
For the Granola:
1 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
2/3 cup raw walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup Simple Mills banana bread and muffin mix
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Pinch of fine sea salt
¼ cup unsweetened creamy almond butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
¼ cup raw honey
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup dried or freeze dried blueberries
½ cup banana chips, roughly chopped
For the Parfaits:
Fresh bananas, peeled and sliced
Fresh blueberries, washed and dried
Plain yogurt of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick pad and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almonds, walnuts, Simple Mills banana bread and muffin mix, coconut and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, honey, and coconut oil.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the large mixing bowl and toss with the nut mixture until well combined.
- Turn the granola out onto the prepared pan, and press firmly into an even layer. Try to make sure the layer is the same thickness throughout, about ¾”-1” thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crisp.
- Cool, then use your finger tips to break up the granola. Sprinkle the dried blueberries and banana chips over the top, and use your fingertips to toss it all together.
- To assemble the parfaits: layer the fresh bananas, yogurt, granola, and fresh blueberries together in a bowl or mason jar. Top with a drizzle of raw honey, if you want. Enjoy!