Reishi Mushroom & Green Olive Tapenade
Ingredients:1 - 15 oz. can of naturally or fresh-cured green pitted olives, drained (we like Lindsay or Pearls brands – simply cured with water and sea salt)
1/3 cup almonds or walnuts
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp. reishi mushroom powder
1/2 medium lemon (or 2 TBSP) fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Herbs d' Provence
1/8 tsp. white pepper
Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnishing
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and use a stick blender to chop coarsely.
- The top should have a chunky yet cohesive and emulsified texture.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving (up to 1 day).
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve with an assortment of Simple Mills crackers.
This spread pairs especially well with our new Original Sprouted Seed Crackers. Bon appetit!