Maple Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Muffin-Scones
Serves 9 scones*
1 large sweet potato, cut into medium chunks
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 box Pumpkin Muffin & Bread Mix
1. In a medium pot, cover sweet potato with water. Boil on high for 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes, add to a small bowl and mash with a potato masher. Allow mashed potatoes to cool. (Tip: You can put the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes if you don’t want to wait.)
2. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Once the potatoes have cooled, combine with eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the pumpkin muffin mix to the wet mixture and, using your hands, mix the dry ingredients with the wet until a soft dough has formed.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. It should make 9 balls. Use your fingers to shape and flatten the balls into triangles. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the scones are golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
You can find more amazing recipes by Kate on her blog, Root + Revel.