Open Faced Pulled Pork Cracker Sliders
Prep time: 1hr, plus 16-24 hours for pulled pork
Yield: About 80-90 cracker sliders, assuming 1 tbsp pulled pork per cracker.
- 5-6 packed cups of your favorite pulled pork (We used ¼ of this recipe)
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded (about 7 cups)
- 2 large apples, washed and shredded (about 3 cups, gently packed)
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro (washed and dried), roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt, pepper, granulated garlic
- 1 box Simple Mills Original Seed crackers
- 1 box Simple Mills Everything Seed Crackers (or a second box of Original flavor, or Jalapeno flavor for spicy guests)
- Prepare the pulled pork and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the shredded cabbage and apples and the chopped cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, pepper and garlic. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Pour the mayo mixture over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Set slaw aside.
- Lay out several Simple Mills crackers and top with a spoonful of pulled pork, (and a dollop of barbecue sauce, if desired). Then add a spoonful of slaw. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro and/or additional sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use any pulled pork you prefer, or even pulled chicken
- To make ahead: prepare the pulled pork and the slaw, but keep the cabbage/apple/cilantro separate from the dressing until a couple of hours before serving. The slaw can stay dressed for up to 6 hours before serving. Reheat the pork in the microwave or covered in the oven immediately before serving.