Open Faced Pulled Pork Cracker Sliders
- 5-6 packed cups of your favorite pulled pork (We used ¼ of this recipe)
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded (about 7 cups)
- 2 large apples, washed and shredded (about 3 cups, gently packed)
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro (washed and dried), roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt, pepper, granulated garlic
- 1 box Simple Mills Original Seed crackers
- 1 box Simple Mills Everything Seed Crackers (or a second box of Original flavor, or Jalapeno flavor for spicy guests)
PREPARE the pulled pork and set aside.
TOSS together the shredded cabbage and apples and the chopped cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
WHISK together the mayonnaise, lime juice, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
POUR the mayo mixture over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Set slaw aside.
LAY out several Simple Mills crackers and top with a spoonful of pulled pork, (and a dollop of barbecue sauce, if desired). Then add a spoonful of slaw. Sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro and/or additional sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining crackers.
- You can use any pulled pork you prefer, or even pulled chicken
- To make ahead: prepare the pulled pork and the slaw, but keep the cabbage/apple/cilantro separate from the dressing until a couple of hours before serving. The slaw can stay dressed for up to 6 hours before serving. Reheat the pork in the microwave or covered in the oven immediately before serving.