Summer Vegetable Breakfast Bake
Ingredients:1 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
2 Tbsp Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
1 cup Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle Mix
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups fresh spinach, stems trimmed
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
5 large eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare an 8-9″ square baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or grease. Set aside.
2. Heat a skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add diced onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add red pepper and broccoli and continue to cook until veggies are tender. When veggies are almost done, add the spinach and cook for one minute, or until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
3. To prepare the crust, crack two eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk with kefir. Slowly add the our Pancake & Waffle mix, stirring until combined. Transfer crust mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth.
4. In a small separate bowl, whisk the two remaining eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add Farmer Cheese and stir to combine.
5. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the vegetables and add the cheddar cheese. Mix well, then pour over the crust mixture, spreading it our evenly.
6. Place in the oven uncovered and cook for 50-60 minutes, or until a the eggs and crust are set and the top is golden brown. Removed from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
You can find the original article here.